Online Workshop for Latin America and the Caribbean: “Chinese + Tourist Culture”
In order to increase enthusiasm and interest in Chinese language and culture in the region and strengthen knowledge and understanding of Chinese and Chinese tourism culture, the CLEC Foundation – Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean, in cooperation with Beijing University of Language and Culture (BLCU), will organize an online workshop on “China + Tourism Culture”. The information is detailed below:
Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 8 and 24 November. 8:00 -10:00am Beijing time (GMT+8)(Remember that Beijing time in this case, is one day ahead. For Latin America and the Caribbean, see annex at the end of the document)
The seminars (first part of the session) will be taught in Chinese, with simultaneous interpretation in English, Spanish and Portuguese. The Chinese language class (second part of each session) will be held in Chinese language.
The classes will be aimed at all Chinese students and fans of Chinese culture.
- Platform: Zoom Webinar (attendees access as spectators, without access to camera and microphone)
Registration at the following link:
Once the registration process is completed, you will receive an automatic confirmation and reminder email 1 hour before each session.
We also recommend that you add the registration in your calendar system that will appear after the registration is complete.
V. Schedule (Beijing time GMT + 8)
1. Synchronous Classes
|Day 1||08:30-08:40||Opening Ceremony|
|08:40-09:40||Seminar: Traditional Festivals and Cultural Practices of China||Yang Jianguo|
|09:40-10:40||Chinese Themed Tourism: Traditional Chinese Festivals||Lei Shuo|
|Day 2||08:00-09:00||Thematic Chinese for Tourism: Regional Features and Overview of Chinese Culture||Jia Lieying|
|09:00-10:00||Chinese Thematic Tourism: Sustainable Rural Tourism||Wang Feng|
|Day 3||08:00-09:00||Seminar: World Cultural and Natural Heritage in China||Zhang Zhaozhi|
|09:00-10:00||Themed Chinese for Tourism: My Hometown||Yu Miao|
|Day 4||08:00-09:00||Seminar: The Chinese Dietary Concept of Food||Liu Qiangong|
|09:00-10:00||Themed Chinese for Tourism: China’s Regional Gastronomy||Chang Danyang|
|Day 5||08:00-09:00||Seminar: Distribution, Evaluation and Conservation of China’s Tourism Resources||Tourism Expert|
|09:00-10:00||Thematic Chinese for Tourism: Design and Planning of Tourism Programs||Wang Yan|
|Day 6||08:00-09:00||Seminar: Current events and trends in the Chinese tourism industry||Tourism Expert|
|09:00-10:00||Themed Chinese for Tourism: Influencer Tourist Destinations||Lei Shuo|
|Day 7||08:00-09:00||Seminar: Chinese Views on Tourism||Tourism Expert|
|09:00-10:00||Thematic Chinese for Tourism: Protection of World Cultural Heritage of Humanity||Wang Feng|
|Day 8||08:00-09:00||Seminar: Tourism Consumption in China||Chang Danyang|
2. Asynchronous Classes on Traditional Chinese Culture (will be published on our YouTube channel once the synchronous sessions are finished):
|Traditional Chinese Culture Training Course (Asynchronous)||Chinese Culture Experience: Tea Culture||Li Zhen|
|Chinese Culture Experience: Tai Chi||Cheng Dali|
|Chinese Culture Experience: Traditional Chinese Medicine & Health||Wang Weiguo|
- Download the ZOOM APP;
- All times mentioned in the program are BEIJING LOCAL TIME GMT+8. Participants are kindly requested to adjust their schedule according to their time zone.
- Please enter in time for each session.
- Those who attend 70% of the sessions and send a video (2 minutes or between 200 – 300 words) sharing their learning about the different aspects of this workshop in general will receive a certificate of participation. The videos will be received starting the week of November 20 when this series of talks is ending until November 30. The video must be sent to [email protected]
- The certificate will be in digital format based on the information entered in the registration. The certificates will be sent starting December 5.
- This workshop is free of charge.
- The classes will be recorded, edited and will be uploaded to our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/FundaciónCLEC
Follow us on social networks
CLEC Foundation- Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean
Time Zone Table for Latin America and the Caribbean
|Día 1||Tuesday7-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||8 nov 8:00am|
|Día 2||Thursday 9-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||10 nov 8:00am|
|Día 3||Friday10-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||11 nov 8:00am|
|Día 4||Tuesday14-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||15 nov 8:00am|
|Día 5||Thursday16-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||17 nov 8:00am|
|Día 6||Friday17-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||18 nov8:00am|
|Día 7||Tuesday21-nov||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||22 nov 8:00am|
|Día 8||Thursday23 nov.||21:00||20:00||19:00||18:00||24 nov 8:00am|